Cloud Operations AdministratorMontréal, Canada
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
Reporting to the Cloud Operations Manager, the Cloud Operations Administrator will be part of the team responsible for the provisioning, deployment as well as the day-to-day secure operations and maintenance of our OneSpan service offerings in the cloud.
You will find this opportunity both challenging and rewarding as you apply your operations experience to working with the latest cloud technologies, collaborate with a great team of passionate and dedicated people, and make a real contribution to our continued success.
• Prepare, configure, test, deploy, manage and optimize our systems (virtual and physical)
• Perform day-to-day management, maintenance and backup
• Provide 24X7 troubleshooting and support on a rotating basis
• Ensure systems remain secure and are continuously running effectively and meet our SLA requirements
• Participate in upgrades and configuration modifications on the production systems
• Develop scripts and create reports for system monitoring and metrics analysis
• Define, document, and deploy configuration management, disaster recovery, and other key operations processes.
• Continuously optimize systems monitoring, workflow, and operational procedures
• Drive a total automation philosophy to efficiently and effectively achieve high levels of reliability availability, scalability, security and performance
• Identify and raise to management, system vulnerabilities that could be exploited by an attacker.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in systems and network administration
• Strong experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
• Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualization technologies (Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, VMWare or Xen )
• Experience administering & deploying in a LAMP environment (i.e Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL)
• Strong knowledge of infrastructure and networking security concepts
• Strong shell scripting abilities
• Working knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication & documentation skills
• Experience in dealing with customer issues under time pressure
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Strong command of the English language
Assets: Additional desired skills (one or more of the following are definite assets)
• Knowledge of automation tools (i.e. Ansible, CF-Engine, Chef, Puppet)
• Knowledge of security & administrative tools (i.e Nessus, Acunetix, SpaceWalk, Alien Vault, QRadar)
• Knowledge of backup tools (Idera/R1Soft)
• Knowledge of databases in general (such as DB2, Oracle or MySQL)
• SaaS/DEVOPS experience
• Experience with Windows Server Operating System an asset