Compliance Assistant/Paralegal (TEMP)Brussels, Belgium
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters. We offer the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow.
OneSpan is looking for a Compliance Assistant/Paralegal for a fixed duration of 12 months.
Support Trade Compliance and other compliance processes in Sales, Purchasing and Distribution/Logistic activities worldwide as part of a dynamic, collaborative, multinational Legal & Compliance team. Support the Legal Counsels by performing ad hoc assigned administrative and paralegal work.
- Conduct Sanction Checks, review customer and vendor information for international compliance purposes;
- Effectuate background checks on flagged corporations and individuals;
- Decide on blocked or cleared corporations or individuals in line with existing decision parameters;
- Answer a variety of questions from internal stakeholders related to trade compliance matters, in specific around Sanctions and Denied Parties’ lists, including Specially Designated Nationals;
- Administrative and paralegal support to internal stakeholders, appointing manager and team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience;
- Paralegal Diploma (“Rechtspraktijk/Pratique Juridique”) or practical experience is a plus;
- First experience in legal, compliance or corporate environment or professional experience working with various operational disciplines;
- Ability to perform well under pressure with high attention to detail;
- Pragmatic but still organized and process-oriented; a good and experienced coordinator;
- Fluency in English;
- Exposure to international business is a plus;
- High level of self-motivation and discipline; good sense of urgency;
- Excellent time management skills in fast-paced environment.