IT Support SpecialistMontréal, Canada
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters. We offer the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the continuous optimal availability of computer and communication systems for OneSpan Sign/Onespan. He/she achieves this through active assistance with the implementation and maintenance of OneSpan Sign’s and Onespan’s worldwide infrastructure and IT policies.
The IT Support Specialist will install clients and support the Onespan infrastructure, focusing on the local and remote networks, VPN and all other tools, which enable the voice and data communication between OneSpan Sign/Onespan employees and the outer world. Solutions include all data communication devices, the telephone systems, and Smart Phones.
- Registering the calls in the IT monitoring tool according to the agreed procedures
- Answering support calls by mail, phone, etc.
- Reporting the internal user problems to the relevant department, identifying and communicating the solution to the user
- Following up the incidents until their resolution or their closing
- Acting as a reference for his/her colleagues, sharing the information with the other team members and IT management
- Providing local and remote support to OneSpan Sign employees and these of other Vasco locations (hard/software)
- Installing client software and operating systems
- Supporting Microsoft Windows/Linux/Mac client operating systems
- Supporting Microsoft Office applications
- Setting-up and maintaining users (active directory, OS, AV etc.)
- Identifying infrastructural needs through listening to user requests, pro-active monitoring and following advice of the IT Infrastructure Security Manager.
- Report infrastructure needs to the Head of Global IT Services to establish requirements for new systems and/or modifications.
- Monitoring the daily performance of the local IT and Engineering setup, as well as that of the worldwide IT infrastructure
- Managing projects for the region as well as in the local site to implement new tools, policies and/or procedures following the global IT Strategy, IT Security Standards and Enterprise Architecture.
- Supervising and coordinating external parties engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing hardware, data-communication equipment and software in cooperation with the IT system engineer.
- Preparing evaluations of software or hardware, and recommending improvements or upgrades to the IT system engineer.
- Provide local training to users on IT related topics and Onboarding sessions.
- Good communication skills. Extroverted personality
- 2-5 years experience in Desktop support and troubleshooting
- Experience with Enterprise level Software and deployments
- Experience managing an Office 365 environment
- Team player, although also able to work independently
- Having practical knowledge of Windows 7/1, Linux and Mac OS
- Knowledge and experience managing Active Directory
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VLAN, switching, routing and network topology.
- Knowledge of telephony systems (IP, Avaya)
- Knowledge of firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Good knowledge of VMware Vsphere / vCenter
- Fluent in English and French (speaking and writing).
- Prepared to go to the limit to solve deep technical problems
- Willingness to join a 24x7 availability program