QA Automation DeveloperMontréal, Canada
QA Automation Developer
We are looking for a passionate QA Automation Developer to join our Montreal team.
If you are a people-oriented person, who loves analyzing and driving testing efforts, making and keeping commitments in a high-caliber team environment; a person who has good analytical capabilities to evaluate test results; who has the go-getter and get it done attitude collaborating with team members to deliver high-quality product, this role may just be for you.
As the key member of the Agile team you will be responsible for analyzing requirements & designs, defining test strategies, procedures, test cases and test scripts as well as actually testing features and fixes of the flagship OneSpan Sign product line.
Our QA Philosophy
- Quality is the responsibility of the Agile team … which includes QA. We’re all in it together.
- Quality starts with requirements definition. QA analysts have the greatest impact on quality by bringing their perspectives & analytical skills to assist in the definition & design of features, as well as during grooming and code review.
- Test cases, automation, and any manual testing are part of the Definition of Done of a feature committed by the Agile team.
- A test strategy needs to consider/include unit, integration, and UI automation tests; and any manual or exploratory testing exists to complement this strategy.
- QA is empowered and has the final say as to whether or not anything is ready to release.
- Collaboration and teamwork always come first.
This is more than a philosophy; it’s the model we’ve put in place at OneSpan.
If this matches how you see the role of QA within an Agile team and you‘re just as passionate about it as the Development and QA Management team is, then we want to hear from you!
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test cases in Java and evaluate test results to ensure our products and APIs meet functional requirements and design specifications
- Create repeatable test cases including acceptance criteria to maximize coverage through critical understanding of intended behaviors of product features
- Identify and report defects, and recommend corrective action to expedite developers’ ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects
- Produce and document test plans, set quality and performance goals, and hold test case reviews with team members
- Research and implement tools to meet our goals for automation including cross-browser and multi-device testing
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk
- Ensure visibility on the testing status throughout the entire development process
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the internal software development processes, test methodologies, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Software Assurance Automation
- Programmed in Java with automation test frameworks including Selenium and JMeter
- Experience with Core Java, GUI, API testing and data validation
- Solid grasp of Java, REST, JSON
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing infrastructure
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
- Ability to resolve complex problems with creative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- In-depth experience with testing complex database systems
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Organized and able to efficiently run multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Go-getter with get-it-done attitude and good work ethics
- Clear verbal & written communication skills in English (terse, clear and complete)
- Good technical writing skills and ability to describe clearly complex processes and tasks
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting
- Experience installing and configuring services on Windows and Linux
- Experience with setting up VMs
- Knowledge of BASH or another scripting language
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices