Senior Cloud SpecialistMontréal, Quebec, Canada
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
The SaaS Operations team is currently growing to support the deployment of new and existing products. Aligning with the movement towards continuous delivery, automated production deployments and migration to the cloud, SaaS Ops is looking for a highly motivated Senior Cloud Admin to work collaboratively with development, engineering, and operations resources. The focus of this role is the successful implementation and management of our cloud initiatives that support efficient, robust, scalable, and secure solutions to meet business requirements and technology strategies. This includes collaborating on the planning, designing and production implementation.
• Work within a cross-functional team of App Admins, DBAs, Sys Admins, and DevOps to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud deployments.
• Leverage their systems and database implementation, monitoring and administration experience to envision, implement, secure, automate, and monitor various cloud deployments.
• Manage cloud deployments with cloud administration tools and management frameworks.
• Identify, implement and support application monitoring solutions for cloud deployments.
• Leverage industry best practices in defining and tuning appropriate on-demand cloud deployment architectures.
• Programmatically automate routine cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks.
• Proactively work on assigned tasks and task areas, while coordinating the work effort.
• Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines.
• Mentoring junior and intermediate team members.
• Oversee the defining, documenting and training of SaaS Ops admins on critical cloud deployment related processes.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a Cloud Admin or similar role.
• Extensive experience with cloud platforms, virtualization platforms and containers (AWS, Azure, Docker, VMWare/VSphere, etc.).
• Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Bash).
• Extensive experience with operations, administering both Window and Linux machines.
• Experience with configuration management software and infrastructure as code (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
• Experience with version control software and job execution tools, preferably Git and Jenkins.
• Strong understanding of continuous integration/delivery practices and other DevOps concepts.
• Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures.
• Attitude to thrive in a high-production, customer-oriented environment.
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects / demands simultaneously.
• Strong team player.
• Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
• Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives.
• Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or a related area from a recognized educational institution.