Senior Product OwnerMontréal, Canada
Who are we?
Grow your career and have an impact by joining one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada. You too can help battle the paperwork nightmare that plagues so many businesses today, and help save the environment. As the most widely used e-signature solution, OneSpan delivers enterprise-class electronic signature capabilities to organizations both big and small. Our contributors are team players, revolutionizing the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
What are we looking for?
As a Product Owner (PO) you will set the vision of the product to build in tandem with other stakeholders, ensuring that business goals and end user demands are met. You will be responsible for conveying that vision to the team and help the team understand, prioritize and define the product’s needs as a member of the Agile development team. The PO leads product development efforts and collaborates closely with the Product Management and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with product strategy, vision, and the consumer/customer.
You will be the main point-of-contact for everything related to the product, acting as a bridge between the development team and the stakeholders. The PO interprets end user (consumer/customer) needs to define acceptance criteria, refine the backlog, and communicate priorities to the teams.
Accordingly, the PO will prioritize the work using a backlog and ensure that the work delivered generates business value.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Product Vision and Planning
- Communicate boundaries to describe the realities within which the vision must be realized (e.g. time-frames, user personas, external quality).
- Define product functionalities and prioritize business value.
- Communicate the business benefits of each individual feature.
- Assist with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular
enough to complete in a single sprint.
- Write clear acceptance criteria on User stories
- Continuously refine and prioritize the product backlog
- Conduct demos of new and upcoming functionality
- Product Development
- Motivate the team to execute the product vision
- Set team release and sprint goals and objectives that help fulfill the vision
- Attend and actively participate in scrum meetings such as sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint
reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Day-to-day support of development and QA team members by being available to answer
questions to add detail to the requirements
- Day to day monitoring of key metrics that help in tracking and forecasting progress on features
- Escalate issues to the stakeholders as required
- Work with the Scrum Master.
- Validate the user stories implemented by validating the acceptance criteria and accepting or rejecting them.
- Participate in the decision to ship the product
Education, Experience and Technical skills
Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent business
5+ years of experience as a product owner in a software
environment with Agile/Scrum development Strong track record in partnering with development teams
Strong analytical, technical, verbal and written communication skills
Good technical background to engage with the Scrum team when
technical issues arise that impact delivery of business requirements.
Competencies that are considered assets
• Certified Product Owner (CSPO, PSPO I)
• Experience as a software Developer.
Soft Skills and Competencies
You’re highly organized and proud of it!
• You live by the philosophy that great product development is a team sport and requires flexibility and relationship building
• You find a way to work well with all stakeholders and team members. Stakeholders are confident and trusting in your expertise and ability to communicate requirements to the team and shepherd the desired
feature to completion
• Comfortable with multi-tasking, context-switch and handling a high volume of work and pressure
• You listen well, are open-minded and respect other opinions, but you are decisive and confident
• You are able to tailor your message about the product to a different audience at any given time
• You are able to empathize with real consumer/customer needs and turn that empathy into quantifiable features that deliver business value