Senior MySQL Database SpecialistMontréal, Quebec, Canada
Want to grow your career and have an impact? Join one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada and you too can help battle the paperwork nightmare that plagues so many businesses today, and help save the environment. As the most widely used e-signature solution, eSignLive delivers enterprise-class electronic signature capabilities to organizations both big and small. Our contributors are team players, revolutionizing the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Cloud Operations Manager, the Database Administrator will be part of the team responsible for the provisioning, deployment as well as the day-to-day secure operations and maintenance of our Global Vasco service offerings in the cloud. You will find this opportunity both challenging and rewarding as you apply your operations experience to working with the latest cloud technologies, collaborate with a great team of passionate and dedicated people, and make a real contribution to our continued success.
• Install, configure and continuously optimize our MySQL database instances.
• Perform day-to-day management, patching, maintenance and backup of all databases.
• Provide 24X7 troubleshooting and support on a rotating basis.
• Ensure systems remain secure and are continuously running effectively and meet our SLA requirements.
• Participate in upgrades and configuration modifications on the production systems.
• Develop scripts and create reports for database health monitoring and usage metrics analysis.
• Define, document, and deploy configuration management, disaster recovery, and other key operations processes.
• Drive a total automation philosophy to efficiently and effectively achieve high levels of reliability availability, scalability, security and performance.
• Identify and raise to management, database vulnerabilities that could be exploited by an attacker.
Requirements: Must-have Skills
• Minimum 5 years of experience in database administration.
• Strong experience with MySQL or Oracle no SQL like MongoDB or CouchBase.
• Strong knowledge of security access to the database and tracking unauthorized changes.
• Strong SQL and data model optimization abilities
• Strong knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts (i.e. Replication, Cluster)
• Experience with pro-active monitoring and knowledge of database monitoring tools (i.e MonYog)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience administering in a Linux environment (i.e CentOS, RedHat Linux)
• Excellent communication & documentation skills
• Experience in dealing with customer issues under time pressure
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Strong command of the English language
Assets: Additional desired skills (one or more of the following are definite assets)
Knowledge of Cloud or Virtualization technologies (Amazon Web Services, Windows azure, VMWare or Xen )
• Knowledge of automation tools (i.e. Ansible, CF-Engine, Chef, Puppet)
• Knowledge of backup tools Percona xTraBackup or any other MySQL backup tools
• SaaS/DEVOPS experience