As the use of mobile devices grows, the mobile channel is becoming an increasingly attractive target for malicious actors. But financial institutions and other organizations can take action to combat this trend. Gartner forecasts that, “By 2022, at least 50% of successful attacks against clickjacking and mobile apps could have been prevented using in-app protection.”
Gartner has expanded the scope of their Market Guide for Application Shielding to cover a more comprehensive set of app security capabilities, called in-app protection. This expanded scope provides for a fuller picture of the challenges and opportunities in mobile application security today.
The Gartner Market Guide for In-App Protection is your definitive resource to learn about the major providers in the application security space, as well as the capabilities necessary to protect your mobile business apps.
Access this guide to learn:
- 3 categories of in-app protection capabilities
- 19 vendors at the forefront of the market with a direct feature comparison between solutions
- How to address the challenge of balancing security with the development cycle
- Best use cases for in-app protection technologies
- Definitions of capabilities such as:
- Code obfuscation
- White boxing and white-box cryptography
- Debugger and emulation detection
- Anti-bot and clickjacking protection
- Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP)
Download this report now >>
Gartner, Market Guide for In-App Protection, 3 July 2019, Manjunath Bhat, Dionisio Zumerle.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.