Recorded on: September 14, 2021
- François Guerette, Mobile Product Apps, BDC
- Peter Wannemacher, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- Lucas Gibbons, Senior Product Manager
- Samuel Bakken, Director, Product Marketing
Mobile apps have become the touchpoint of choice for billions of banking customers worldwide and COVID-19 has only accelerated this trend. Financial institutions are increasingly offering more complex services via the mobile channel in their quest to attract and retain new banking customers faster.
Disruptive innovators seek to activate under-served market niches as well as steal incumbents’ customers on the back of all-in-one, super mobile apps. Financial institutions should not recoil – they need to lean in. Now is the time for FIs to realize the force multipliers of their well-known, trusted reputation combined with their fraud, privacy, security and regulations expertise in their pursuit of supporting customers quickly, conveniently and securely - while managing their day-to-day financial lives through mobile financial services apps.
Innovative FIs like the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) are meeting these challenges. By offering mobile apps that go beyond traditional banking, “Super Apps” can provide customers with access to financial services as well as to third-party services such as cardless fueling, on-street parking, bus tickets purchasing and more – without sacrificing user convenience.
So how can you win the Mobile Banking App battle and secure your future banking business?
In this webinar, a guest speaker from Forrester and mobile baking specialists from BDC and OneSpan explore:
- Why and how mobile “Super Apps” are an opportunity rather than a threat
- How to overcome hesitancy related to fraud, privacy, regulation and security
- Leveraging identity and authentication techniques to set your app apart