eSignLive and IBM to co-host a Webcast on e-signatures and online collaboration on the cloud
Montreal, QC, June 14, 2010 - Silanis Technology announced today that it will co-host a live Webcast with IBM on June 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm EST to discuss trends in cloud-based e-signatures and online collaboration. The new e-SignLive and LotusLive bundled services will also be demonstrated and customer case studies will be presented during the 60-minute live Webcast. “Maintaining electronic connectivity is essential for being competitive in today’s global economy,” said Robert Al-Jaar, Executive Vice-President and Chief Technology Officer at Silanis. “Amazon, e-Bay and other successful organizations have taught us that if you’re not open for business 24 /7 you’ll lose out to the competition.” However, business-to-business transactions are more complex to execute online, added Al-Jaar. Contracts, legal agreements and other types of documents need to be negotiated, reviewed and signed in order to close the deal or move business forward. Organizations that break the electronic chain and fall back to paper every time a document needs to be signed will be left behind. “That’s where collaborative e-Commerce comes in,” said Al-Jaar. “Silanis and IBM have partnered to bring a cost-effective, best of breed solution to the market that enables organizations to both negotiate and sign business deals and other types of documents on the cloud.” The bundled services enable business users and their customers, partners and suppliers to electronically sign legal contracts, sales deals and other documents over the Web, while harnessing the power of online collaboration and social networking during the negotiation and pre-signing processes. During the Webcast, Mr. Al-Jaar and Brendan Crotty, Program Director of Lotus Online Collaboration at IBM will discuss the emergence of “collaborative e-commerce on the cloud”, and how organizations gain a competitive advantage, including:
- A leading property developer and management company who is making it faster and easier for its investors and business partners to close real estate deals
- A regional mortgage provider who is using the services to reduce application processing time from 7-days down to 24 hours and compete with large national players.
- How organizations can bring their e-contracting / procurement processes from weeks and days down to minutes by enabling NDAs, legal agreements and other contracts to signed electronically.
- How organizations can leverage the services to present new hires with employment offers and other HR / on-boarding documents for electronic review and signing.
- How insurance companies can use the services to facilitate the on-boarding of independent agents by eliminating manual, paper-processing and the errors that offer occurs that elongate the process.
- Close business faster and more cost-effectively by inviting parties to electronically sign documents in the cloud.
- Gain real-time visibility into signing activities and keep track of who signed what documents and when.
- Connect more easily with contacts and expand one’s business network.
- Communicate more effectively via Web meetings, video conferencing, instant messaging, surveys and polls.
- Collaborate more efficiently online using project management, file sharing, desktop sharing and other productivity tools.