OneSpan looking for an energetic technical writer for team in Montréal. You will produce quality documentation that will make our products easier to use. As part of a global team of technical writers, you will work collaboratively with product owners, developers and subject matter experts to produce high quality documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constantly communicating and working with product owners, engineering/development team members and various subject matter experts to retrieve technical details needed for documentation.
- Produce clear, concise and high quality documentation for a diverse internal and customer-facing audiences.
- Reviewing/revising content provided by non-technical writers to apply with styles and guidelines.
- Planning and editing of illustrations, diagrams and graphics
- Participate in planning, developing, writing, editing, publishing and maintain documentation.
- Help design, create, and maintain an effective information architecture.
- Publish to multiple target media (HTML, PDF, etc.)
- Continually improve current documentation in light on customer and internal feedback.
- Ensure that our documentation consistently satisfy best practices.
- Provide effort estimates on documentation tasks and projects.
- Report progress on documentation initiatives, tasks and products.
- Participate in team meetings, ad-hoc projects and other doc related initiatives.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience as a technical writer, preferably documenting enterprise software.
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g., technical writing, computer science, English, journalism, science, engineering).
- Experience and a very strong working knowledge with MadCap Flare
- Experience with distributed version-control tools (e.g., Subversion and GitLab)
- Experience with distributed bug-tracking and issue-sharing tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with imaging software for screen capturing and illustrating (Fireworks, Illustrator, Visio)
- Experience with Localization (delivering technical documentation in multiple language).
- Experienced with Microsoft 365, Acrobat, Snag-it would be preferable
- Impeccable knowledge and command of English (written and spoken)
- Mastery of the fundamental principles of technical writing
- Good understanding of the agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of information security and privacy concepts would be preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly with a quick turnaround time.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly, and to make them easily understood by others
- A passion and ability for making complex technologies comprehensible to others.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and rigor in your work
- Ability to manage deadlines, priorities, and multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation on time, even under tight deadlines
- Ability to create documentation independently, and yet work as part of a team