Montreal, QC, September 10 2009 – Silanis Technology, the leader in electronic signatures, announced today that it will co-host a live webcast with IBM on Thursday, September 17 to discuss why 41%* of P&C carriers and many other insurers plan to adopt e-signature technology by the end of 2009.
According to industry research, internet-generated auto insurance sales will double by 2012, with more than half of those sales coming from the direct online channel. The growing popularity of the Internet to both research and purchase insurance products over the web is driving many insurance carriers to rethink how they capture new customers and service them in order to create a competitive advantage.
“We are seeing an increasing number of insurance companies turning to electronic signatures in order to achieve straight-through processing,” said Tommy Petrogiannis, President and Chief Executive Officer of Silanis. “Insurers are looking to eliminate the costs, time delays and risks associated with the industry’s otherwise manual and broken, paper-based processes – both over the web, as well as in their retail, call center and agent channels.”
Line-of-business, legal and IT executives will gain valuable insights from the webcast, including:
Join Silanis and IBM on Thursday, September 17 @ 2:00 pm (EST) for this educational website aimed at helping your team navigate shifting market requirements and succeed with your strategic electronic signature and e-transaction initiative.
- The adoption trends of electronic signatures in the insurance market by 2013
- Before and after metrics with regards to the time, cost and risk involved when processing insurance transactions manually versus electronically
- How to achieve straight-through processing across all sales channels
- How electronic signatures can be used by agents to better service their clients
- How electronic signatures can help your organization to meet evolving legal and regulatory requirements
Silanis Technology is the leading provider of e-signature process management solutions. The world’s leading insurance and financial services companies, major government agencies, integrators and service providers depend on Silanis to accelerate business transactions and reduce costs while improving compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. The company’s electronic signature platform, ApproveIt®, is an enterprise-class e-signature process management solution that transforms paper-based business transactions to all-electronic, web-based processes for e-commerce and e-government.
* New Directions for Distribution Among U.S. P&C Insurers, Gartner Group, by Kimberly-Harris Ferrante