Recorded On: October 2, 2019
- Jorge Oliveira, Director, IT Solutions Delivery, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Samuel Bakken, Senior Product Marketing Manager, OneSpan
Financial Institutions are prioritizing the expansion of the mobile channel by integrating existing and new processes. As a result, many of these FIs are processing banking actions faster, more efficiently and simply making it easier to do business. For BDC, Canada’s bank for entrepreneurs, the ability to improve service for account managers while maintaining the face-to-face customer connection was a key benefit to developing a mobile solution.
On October 2nd, CIO Alizabeth Calder and special guests Jorge Oliveira of BDC and Sam Bakken of OneSpan joined forces to present "Revolutionizing Digital Loan Applications”. In this hour-long session, Calder, Oliveira, and Bakken shared how electronic signature integration into a native mobile app revolutionized digital commercial loan application and closings for BDC without compromising security or compliance.
Additional topics included:
- Top criteria and considerations for FIs looking to design or launch a mobile app
- Which key stakeholders to involve and how to take a unified approach to integration
- Best practices to ensure optimal design and workflows that lead to higher adoption rates (BDC’s adoption rate is 92%)
- Mitigating mobile threats through people, processes, and technology without stifling innovation