Insurance Industry Leaders Gather for 2012 E-Signature Summit
Montreal, QC, April 24, 2012 - Silanis, the leader in enterprise electronic signature solutions with the largest e-signature deployments, is pleased to announce the first ever E-Signature Summit for Insurance, which will be held in New York City on Thursday, May 31, 2012.
A leading analyst firm predicts that 85 percent of new insurance applications will be submitted electronically by end of 2012. This prediction is being fueled by customer demands for improved service in all sales channels, the proliferation of mobile devices like tablet PCs, and a very competitive financial market. Carriers are investing heavily in the technologies needed to ensure their customer and agent websites can provide a straight-through paperless process for new business. As a linchpin technology for enabling e-submissions, e-signatures will be the focus of this one-day summit as leading experts and carriers address the key business, legal and IT issues for consideration when selecting an enterprise e-signature solution. Sponsored by IBM and Silanis, this free event features an impressive lineup of speakers from:
- Gartner Research, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company;
- 21st Century Insurance and Financial Services, a leading group of direct-to-consumer auto insurers in the United States;
- Country Financial, a Fortune 1000 company that serves nearly 1 million families throughout the United States with a wide range of insurance and financial services including auto, home, life, annuities, retirement services and investment management;
- Locke Lord LLP, a full-service law firm with deep expertise in insurance and e-signatures;
- Shutts & Bowen LLP, a Florida-based law firm with extensive experience in electronic transactions;
- ACORD (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development), a global, nonprofit standards development organization serving the insurance industry;
- Aplifi, a leading technology and service provider of order management and compliance solutions for the life and annuity industry;
- And more.
The agenda opens with a keynote from Steven Leigh, Principal Analyst, Insurance, Gartner, who will present on the changing insurance industry landscape, and how e-signatures, e-apps and the proliferation of mobile devices fit into the picture. Leigh will be followed by eight expert speakers, as they take attendees through e-signature case studies, legal reviews, a panel discussion on the adoption of e-signatures within the agency distribution channel, use case demonstrations, best practices and recommended strategies. As the leading enterprise e-signature provider to the insurance industry, Silanis was awarded the 2011 IBM Beacon Award for “Best Insurance Industry Solution”.
Silanis is the most widely used e-signature solution in the world, responsible for processing over 600 million documents annually. Since the company was founded in 1992, our solutions have strengthened the business processes of thousands of organizations, including four of the top North American banks, eight of the top 15 insurance companies and the entire US Army, among others. Companies and government organizations around the globe depend on Silanis to accelerate business transactions, improve customer experience and reduce costs while improving compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Silanis’ on-premise, cloud and SaaS e-signature solutions eliminate manual, paper-based processing and enable e-commerce and e-government transactions to be electronically executed from start to finish.