ONESPAN, a world leader in strong authentication and e-signature solutions, is looking for a passionate QA Automation Engineer for its Brussels office. The QA organization in Brussels works closely with OneSpan R&D centers worldwide to qualify a broad range of its products.
As the key member of the Brussels Quality Team, the QA Automation Developer will be responsible for analyzing requirements & designs, defining test strategies, procedures, test cases, and test scripts as well as actually testing features and fixes of the flagship OneSpan TID product line.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test cases in Java and evaluate test results to ensure our products and APIs meet functional requirements and design specifications
- Create repeatable test cases including acceptance criteria to maximize coverage through critical understanding of intended behaviors of product features
- Identify and report defects, and recommend corrective action to expedite developers’ ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects
- Produce and document test plans, set quality and performance goals, and hold test case reviews with team members
- Research and implement tools to meet our goals for automation including cross-browser and multi-device testing
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk
- Ensure visibility on the testing status throughout the entire development process
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the internal software development processes, test methodologies, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C++, Python or similar),
- Ideally experience programming in Java, GUI & API testing and data validation
- Ideally exposure to frameworks such as xUnit, Selenium, Appium, JMeter and Cucumber.
- Solid grasp of REST, JSON
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing infrastructure
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
- Ability to resolve complex problems with creative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- In-depth experience with testing complex database systems
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Organized and able to efficiently run multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Good technical writing skills and ability to describe clearly complex processes and tasks
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting
- Experience installing and configuring services on Windows and Linux
- Experience with setting up VMs
- Knowledge of BASH or another scripting language
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.