OneSpan is looking for a smart, focused, and determined Sales and Market Development Reps (MDRs) to join our team. This is a great career move if you are early in your career in the technology industry and want to successfully transition into the fast-growing Cybersecurity space. We will support your career ambition with a robust on-boarding training plan as well as the opportunity to progress your career to become part of the larger sales team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Your proven track record as a goal-oriented individual who enjoys building relationships but also has a strong interest for new technologies will make you a great fit for this role. As a business development representative you will qualify marketing-generated leads into early stage opportunities. These leads are created through a variety of marketing campaigns and activities, and then scored to prioritize lead follow up, with the highest level of interest.
MDRs will partner closely with marketing lead generation team and sales account executives to deliver a steady flow of qualified sales opportunities that will contribute to the sales pipeline for the identity verification, e-signature and risk-based authentication portfolio of solutions. The MDR is accountable for meeting daily activity and engagement metrics along with achieving assigned monthly and quarterly sales qualified lead quotas. MDRs will receive extensive solution, technical, and qualification training with an emphasis on a consultative approach and producing BANT qualified sales leads.
- Identify potential new revenue projects to feed the sales pipeline by actively reaching out to marketing generated leads (MQLs) through phone, email, social, and other channels
- Qualify the generated MQLs into early stage revenue opportunities (SQLs)
- Use established criteria and qualification guidelines to qualify opportunities before passing them to inside reps, field reps, or channel partners
- Pursue meaningful and productive conversations with individuals representing identified buyer personas to build a book of business that over time creates a steady flow of sales qualified leads (SQLs)
- Enhance CRM data quality and completeness by logging all prospect interactions in Salesforce.
- Monitor and report on MDR activities & campaign results through dashboards and reports
- BA/BS degree or equivalent sales related experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a business development role
- Inside Sales and/or customer success experience
- Prior experience in B2B software environment or he IT sector
- Experience in qualifying prospects, with 80-100 touches per day
- Experience or knowledge in anti-fraud, security or e-signature is preferable
- Experience with Salesforce is required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience in financial services market is an asset
- Skilled at active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities
- Ability to apply qualification guidelines and frameworks during conversations and interactions with prospects to extract SQL criteria
- Able to balance research objectives with aggressive outreach KPIs
- Able to function in a team as well as prioritize/execute tasks independently
- Open to change and willing to learn and test new tactics