OneSpan is looking for Principal Java Developer to join our team in Montreal.
- Design, and develop scalable, high-performance, highly reliable Java EE applications;
- Research and evaluate software (including open source libraries and 3rd party products) for inclusion in the development process;
- Help drive the DevOps practice within R&D with the support of management;
- Participate in product and cloud architectural design and analysis;
- Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and help automate various stages of the deployment and testing processes by leveraging Infrastructure as Code;
- Perform development, unit testing, and application testing individually and in collaboration with the team;
- Perform code reviews;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Work with the SQA team to design automated performance and scalability testing strategies;
- Act as a go-to person for more junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in developing scalable, high-performance, enterprise applications;
- Expertise in building containers using pipelines such as GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.;
Expertise with Java technologies and frameworks: Spring, J2EE, JMS, Hibernate, etc.;
Proficiency with scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.);
Virtualization and in-depth Linux knowledge;
Experience with centralized logging and APM tools (Asset);
Infrastructure Provisioning experience and Continuous Delivery experience using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef;
Containers experience – Docker and Kubernetes;
Cloud Experience – Knowledge of cloud operations tasks in regard to scalability, deployments and zero-downtime upgrades;
General cloud ops knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as attached volume lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, etc.;
Troubleshooting large cloud infrastructure;
Ability to work independently and proactively within a team-oriented environment;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;
Excellent problem-solving skills;
Ability to learn quickly new technologies
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. . We believe that hiring the best talent, will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans. For more information please visit our Privacy Center