At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty.
Assisting our international and diverse team in Vienna as Product Owner (PO), you will set the vision of the product to build in tandem with Product Management and other stakeholders, ensuring that business goals and end user demands are met. You will be responsible for conveying that vision to the Scrum teams and help the team understand, prioritize and define the product’s needs. Using Scrum we succeed in delivering top level quality to the market.
We believe in team spirit and collegiality, as it is crucial in achieving our common goals. A pleasant working environment brings out the best in people! Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will be the main point-of-contact for everything related to the product, acting as a bridge between the development team and the stakeholders. The PO interprets end user (consumer/customer) needs to define acceptance criteria, refine the backlog, and communicate priorities to the teams.
Accordingly, the PO will prioritize the work using a backlog and ensure that the work delivered generates business value.
Product vision and Planning:
- Communicate boundaries to describe the realities within which the vision must be realized (e.g. time-frames, user personas, external quality).
- Define product functionalities and prioritize business value.
- Communicate the business benefits of each individual feature.
- Assist with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular
enough to complete in a single sprint.
- Write clear acceptance criteria on user stories
- Continuously refine and prioritize the product backlog
- Conduct demos of new and upcoming functionality
- Motivate the team to execute the product vision
- Set team release and sprint goals and objectives that help fulfill the vision
- Attend and actively participate in Scrum meetings such as sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint
reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Day-to-day support of development by being available to answer questions to add detail to the requirements
- Day-to-day monitoring of key metrics that help in tracking and forecasting progress on features
- Escalate issues to the stakeholders as required
- Work with the Scrum Master
- Validate the user stories implemented by validating the acceptance criteria and accepting or rejecting them
- Participate in the decision to ship the product
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar, or equivalent business experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a product owner in a software environment with Agile/Scrum development
- Strong track record in partnering with development teams
- Strong analytical, technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Good technical background to engage with the Scrum team when technical issues arise that impact delivery of business requirements.
- You’re highly organized
- You live by the philosophy that great product development is a team sport and requires flexibility and relationship building
- You find a way to work well with all stakeholders and team members. Stakeholders are confident and trusting in your expertise and ability to communicate requirements to the team and shepherd the desired
feature to completion
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, context-switch and handling a high volume of work and pressure
- You listen well, are open-minded and respect other opinions, but you are decisive and confident
- You are able to tailor your message about the product to a different audience at any given time
- You are able to empathize with real consumer/customer needs and turn that empathy into quantifiable features that deliver business value
- Appreciated if you are a Certified Product Owner (CSPO, PSPO I)
- Appreciated if you have experience as a software developer
- Appreciated if you speak German, fluent at least in English