The future of work is flexible, and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic, and we are embracing work flexibility
Many positions and locations will provide you with the choice of in office work, distributed or hybrid. We collaborate with each employee to develop their preferred work environment.
OneSpan is looking for a Product owner with an extensive experience J2EE/architecture to join our R&D team. You will participate in defining the overall technical product architecture and establishing best practices and architectural vision to guide the development team.
The ideal candidate will have a solid work history as a J2EE developer that led them to be a Project Manager or Product Owner. Ideally, they have a background in security applications and migrating traditional software applications to scalable SAS cloud applications including QA automation, solution performance testing and monitoring
The role will focus primarily on evolving and our IDV product with some emphasis on pipelines and microservice deployment architecture, zero downtime deployment, solution monitoring, performance and quality.
- Design and develop high-performance, extremely scalable applications with complex system components
- Participate in defining the overall technical product architecture and establishing best practices and architectural vision to guide the development team
- Assess and resolve issues relating to performance, scalability, availability, and security
- Perform design and code reviews, assist with refactoring, and provide guidance and mentoring to other developers
- Research and evaluate 3rd party libraries, tools, products, and services
- Participate in all software development lifecycle activities: estimation, planning, designing, coding, documenting, and testing
- Be proactive, facilitate knowledge sharing, and continually improve our activities
- Lead and work with autonomy wherever possible
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- 5-10 years of experience Java Development and/or software architect
- Extensive demonstrated experience in technical product ownership
- Extensive experience in service-oriented architecture, microservices, TDD, and CI for enterprise SaaS/PaaS applications
- Used design patterns, unit testing, and object-oriented analysis & design
- Deep expertise in Core Java, J2EE, and Java frameworks such as Spring, Maven, and Hibernate
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Docker; and with Sonar, AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, and Git.
- Experience with Kubernetes, and OpenShift is an asset.
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of cryptography and security
- Worked as part of Scrum teams or similar iterative Agile development methodologies
- Practiced continuous improvement and promoted knowledge sharing
- Proven communication skills and coaching abilities
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a world of trusted digital interactions and agreements.
You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations to accelerate their digital transformations by enabling secure, compliant and refreshingly easy digital customer agreements and transactions, we like to meet you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. Likewise, we also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer, for more information please visit our Privacy Center.