Project ManagerChicago, IL
As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on many company-wide initiatives. You will collaborate with all departments in multiple locations within the organization to coordinate the implementation, monitoring, quality, escalation of issues, and completion of a wide array of projects. You will hold stakeholders accountable for action items they own within each project and report on the status of those projects to project and leadership teams.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Define project scopes, goals, and deliverables that support successful implementation of the strategic plan in collaboration with any related departments.
- Monitor and manage the project schedule to ensure work is completed on time, within budget, making necessary adjustments and directing project resources accordingly.
- Work cross-functionally using Agile Development methodologies to deliver iteratively throughout projects.
- Prepares project documents: project plan, project charter, scope, and project schedules and obtains appropriate level of approval for each document for projects and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
- Define, collect, and monitor implementation metrics, including key performance indicators and efficiency metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve project management process and development improvement activities. Identify and elevate risks to project stakeholders and develop mitigation strategies prior to becoming an issue
- Develop and refine processes to ensure progress against stated goals and transparency across teams through regular updates and status meetings.
- Proactively communicate project information to all stakeholders, throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of project status, financials, risks, issues and activities related to the project.
- Train appropriate parties on new system/process; create training guides or materials as necessary.
- Fosters good communication between various teams and ensures accountability of team members.
- Use strong organizational and time management skills to meet aggressive deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker with excellent judgment and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 -7 years of experience in operations management within global operations, solution design, and project management
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple med-large enterprise projects
- Thorough understanding of MS Project, Visio, Excel, and Agile/Scrum practices
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and tools a plus
- Experience with project management software tools
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.