The future of work is flexible and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic and we are embracing work flexibility. Whenever possible, you can choose when you wish to come into the office and when you wish to work from home and get to enjoy the benefits of both worlds.
OneSpan is looking for a Security Engineer to join our team in Belgium (remote).
The Security Engineer will focus on the day-to-day security management of OneSpan’s cloud-based platforms, which offers strong authentication, fraud detection and digital signature services to OneSpan’s customers. As Cloud Security Engineer, you will help ensure our cloud infrastructure and applications are secure, designed and implemented to the highest standards.
If you enjoy analyzing the security of cloud services, discovering and addressing security issues, quickly reacting to new scenarios, and implementing new security tools, this position will provide you with a great opportunity! You will lead in security reviews, vulnerability testing and incident response across all elements of OneSpan’s SaaS platforms.
- Monitor, analyze and respond to security events and incidents from SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, and other security tools.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and implement new network and system security tools such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, and anti-DDoS tools.
- Report common and repeat problems to management and propose process and technical improvements.
- Work with cloud engineering teams to ensure cloud infrastructure and software meets security best practices.
- Evaluate the implementation of security tools via internal audits to verify compliance with the security policies and best practices.
- Promote a culture of security throughout the company, and educate other departments (e.g. engineering, operations) on security procedures and security risks.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Computer Science / Information Systems / Information Security or other related field
- You have minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in a cloud-based environment
- You have strong practical experience with security technology for cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure), such as:
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools (e.g. Splunk)
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. Qualys)
- Security patching tools (e.g. Pulp)
- Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS / IPS) tools
- Knowledge of the following is an asset:
- Firewall configuration
- Anti-malware tools
- Web Application Firewalls and Next-Generation Firewalls
- Virtual private network (VPN) technology
- Active Directory and LDAP technology
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- You have experience with network essentials, with understanding of concepts such as OSI model and networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, and familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques is important
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in Dutch an asset.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a world of trusted digital interactions and agreements.
You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations to accelerate their digital transformations by enabling secure, compliant and refreshingly easy digital customer agreements and transactions, we like to meet you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. Likewise, we also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer, for more information please visit our Talent Acquisition Privacy Center.