The future of work is flexible and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic and we are embracing work flexibility. Whenever possible, you can choose when you wish to come into the office and when you wish to work from home and get to enjoy the benefits of both worlds.
Are you passionate about software engineering, development and testing? Do you like individual autonomy whilst working within an agile team to deliver on shared goals? Do you eat, sleep and drink Java? If you answered yes, we have the perfect job for you!
As an Automation Developer, you are the embedded test automation development expert on the team. You help drive automation and prevention strategies. You apply software engineering knowledge to develop resilient automated tests to detect issues as quickly and as early as possible in the Software Development Life Cycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- You are the embedded automation development expert. You mentor the scrum team. You advocate for automation across the team. You prevent defects by running automation early and often (shift left). You are the key contributor to the continuous improvement and prevention efforts across all facets of the software development life cycle
- You actively participate in user story definition. You provide automation related content to the agile process. You provide work breakdowns and estimates. You partner closely with Software Developers and Product Owners to define the appropriate automation test coverage requirements.
- You create, maintain, debug, and execute contract, integration and end-to-end automated tests. You optimize and maximize coverage across the various levels of test automation (frameworks) through a critical understanding of the software and the software development process.
- You provide timely validation and feedback for new functionality and enhancements through test automation. You identify, isolate, report defects, and recommend corrective actions to expedite developers’ ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects.
- You are passionate about software engineering, software development and writing code, and as such, you implement awesome test automation
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science and/or 5 years of relevant experience developing software or software test automation
- You have strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C++, Python or similar) with experience working in an agile development processes and practices
- You have experience developing backend test automation, ideally using a combination of Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Postman and, similar tools
- You have knowledge of software functional and non-functional testing techniques and software testing lifecycle, including source control and CI/CD tools & concepts
- You are a strong critical thinker, have strong problem-solving skills, are naturally curious, pay attention to detail and have strong spoken & written communication skills.
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. We also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans, for more information please visit our Talent Acquisition Privacy Center