The future of work is flexible and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic and we are embracing work flexibility. Whenever possible, you can choose when you wish to come into the office and when you wish to work from home and get to enjoy the benefits of both worlds.
As an Automation Developer, you are the embedded test automation expert on the team and help drive automation and prevention strategies within the team. You apply both your testing and development knowledge to develop resilient automated tests to detect issues as quickly and as early as possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, maintain, debug, and execute automated tests to maximize coverage through a critical understanding of intended behaviors of product features
- Contribute to, and improve the automation framework
- Provide timely validation and feedback for new functionality and enhancement by using a combination of manual testing techniques
- Identify, isolate, and report defects, and recommend corrective action to expedite developers’ ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, work breakdowns, and estimates
- Partner closely with QA Analysts, Software Developers and, Product Owners to understand features to define the automated test coverage requirements
- Perform code inspections and reviews for automated tests
- Be the embedded test automation expert and mentor in the Scrum team and advocate for automation across the team and prevention (shift left)
- Use development best practices and techniques to write effective and resilient automated tests
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and prevention efforts across all facets of the software development lifecycle
- Passion for Test Automation and software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 3 years of relevant experience developing automated tests
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C++, Python or similar)
- Experience developing both frontend and backend automated tests
- Experience using Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Postman and, similar tools
- 2 years of software QA & testing experience
- Knowledge of software functional and non-functional testing techniques and software testing lifecycle
- Knowledge of source control and CI/CD tools & concepts
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Strong spoken and written communication skills. (Asset) Bilingual: French and English
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. We also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans, for more information please visit our Talent Acquisition Privacy Center