OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you will contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. At OneSpan, you will be part of a security-focused team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what is possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
We are looking for a QA Developer to join our team in Montreal. The QA developer will participate in the design, development and maintenance of security-related mobile applications and other software components
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the software development team during all development life cycle activities (analysis, designing, coding, task management, testing …).
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Owner and you will also be responsible for the testing initiatives within the team.
- Work closely with the software development team to maintain high level of product quality
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans and test cases – manual and automated
- Provide timely validation of new features and functionality by using a combination of scripted and exploratory testing techniques
- Ensure visibility on the testing status throughout the entire development process
- Collaborate with software developers to identify, document and resolve product defects, providing work-around solutions when necessary
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the internal software development processes, test methodologies, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on automation experience in Java or C# with tools like Selenium/Cucumber/Calabash or similar TDD/BDD frameworks
- Experience with Core Java, GUI, API testing and data validation
- Solid grasp of Java, REST, JSON
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing infrastructure
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD concepts
- UI Test automation experience
- Comfortable in a high-paced environment and can respond to urgent requests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Ability to recommend several different approaches to solving any assigned testing activities including the use of different combinations of testing tools and techniques
- Track record of showing excellent judgement in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Good technical writing skills and ability to describe clearly complex processes and tasks
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing (e.g. Jmeter)
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting (Shell, BASH, Python)