The future of work is flexible, and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic, and we are embracing work flexibility. Many positions and locations will provide you with the choice of in office work, distributed or hybrid. We collaborate with each employee to develop their preferred work environment.
Are you passionate about development and testing? Do you like individual autonomy whilst working within an agile team to deliver on shared goals? If you answered yes, we have the perfect job for you! As a Senior Automation Developer, you are the embedded test automation expert on the team and help drive automation and prevention strategies within the team. You apply both your testing and development knowledge to develop resilient automated tests to detect issues as quickly and as early as possible.
At OneSpan, we believe that hierarchy has no place in ideation, problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution within an Agile team. We build teams of smart, collaborative people with different technical perspectives, strengths, and cultural backgrounds … and then we step back until we’re needed.
- Create, maintain, debug, and execute automated tests to maximize coverage through a critical understanding of intended behaviors of product features
- Contribute to, and improve the automation framework
- Provide timely validation and feedback for new functionality and enhancement by using a combination of manual testing techniques
- Identify, isolate, and report defects, and recommend corrective action to expedite developers’ ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, work breakdowns, and estimates
- Partner closely with QA Analysts, Software Developers and, Product Owners to understand features to define the automated test coverage requirements
- Perform code inspections and reviews for automated tests
- Be the embedded test automation expert and mentor in the Scrum team and advocate for automation across the team and prevention (shift left)
- Use development best practices and techniques to write effective and resilient automated tests
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and prevention efforts across all facets of the software development lifecycle
- Passion for Test Automation and software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science and 2 years of software QA & testing experience
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C++, Python or similar)
- Experience developing both frontend and backend automated tests
- Experience using Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Postman and, similar tools
- Knowledge of software functional and non-functional testing techniques and software testing lifecycle
- Knowledge of source control and CI/CD tools & concepts
- Understanding of agile development processes and practice
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a world of trusted digital interactions and agreements.
You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations to accelerate their digital transformations by enabling secure, compliant, and refreshingly easy digital customer agreements and transactions, we like to meet you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. Likewise, we also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer, for more information please visit our Privacy Center.