The future of work is flexible and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic and we are embracing work flexibility. Whenever possible, you can choose when you wish to come into the office and when you wish to work from home and get to enjoy the benefits of both worlds.
OneSpan is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our team remotely in Canada, working Eastern Standard Time hours.
You will be part of our Product Development team. Our products are large and complex solutions that will challenge you to expand your knowledge and think outside the box. This is a greenfield project utilizing some of the most exciting technologies on the market today. This is your chance to leave your mark and help us deliver a game changing system
The Software Development Manager will work within a cross-functional organization and their primary role is to manage and support the software developers in multiple autonomous scrum teams in a global, scalable, evolving agile development organization.
Come join us and have your voice heard as this is the moment to influence the future of OneSpan’s offerings.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to your employees, set & track objectives, build development plans, conduct semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Provide technical & leadership mentorship and training.
- Maintain and promote software development standards and best practices
- Coach and prepare employees for job transition and succession
- Recruit, interview, and hire top talent.
- Define and drive non-functional projects to support the broader development organization, both within and across product lines.
- Remove obstacles for your employees.
- Keep staff motivated in an agile development environment
Education, Experience and Technical skills
- 3+ years of managerial experience in an agile software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a programmer, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness and self-management.
- Strong conflict resolutions skills
- Effective communication & time management skills, and able to delegate
- Self-motivated, trustworthy and dependable
- Be able to manage, plans, projects and resources effectively.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a world of trusted digital interactions and agreements.
You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations to accelerate their digital transformations by enabling secure, compliant and refreshingly easy digital customer agreements and transactions, we like to meet you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. Likewise, we also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer, for more information please visit our Talent Acquisition Privacy Center.