OneSpan Sign Developer: Position Extraction and Fields
In this blog, I will go over what you might have missed in the OneSpan Sign Developer Community during the week of March 19th, 2018. Let's get straight to it.
The Position Extraction feature ensures that the exact position and size of a field or signature in an uploaded PDF file are automatically retained in the OneSpan Sign application. In order to achieve this, you must provide the correct form names in your request to OneSpan Sign. From the link below, you can find a guide that shows you an example of how to do Position Extraction with the Java/.NET SDK and REST API. Link to Post
Fields enable the placement of additional data in a document at the time of signing. Similar to signatures, they can be placed anywhere inside a document and each field is linked to a particular signature. The following fields are available in OneSpan Sign:
- Signer's Name: At the time of signing, the system automatically populates this field with the full name of the signer.
- Signer's Title: If the signer's title is available, the system automatically populates this field with that title at the time of signing. Otherwise, the field is left blank.
- Company Name: If the name of the signer's company is available, the system automatically populates this field with that name at the time of signing. Otherwise, the field is left blank.
- Signature Date: At the time of signing, the system automatically populates this field with the current date.
- Check Box: Prior to signing, the signer can either select or clear this simple check box.
- Text Box: This box accepts any text entered by the signer prior to signing.
- Drop-down Menu List: This list provides the ability to select one of many options. Once an option has been selected, only that value is displayed (this reduces the amount of space taken by this UI element on the screen).
- Radio Button: Radio buttons also provide the ability to select one of many options. Multiple radio buttons can be grouped together by associating each with a common Group Name. The Required field, if enabled, indicates that at least one button in the group must be selected. Identifying one button in the group as the Default will pre-select that option.
- Text Area: This is similar to the Text Field type, in that it provides an area where free-form text can be entered by signers. However, unlike Text Fields, it provides automatic wraparound. Each Text Area can accept up to 4000 characters.
- Label Field: The package sender can add a Label Field to embed text in a document. This is a read-only field with a value that will be simply stamped on the PDF. During the Signing Ceremony, the Label Field is displayed as non-editable text.
All of the above can be positioned by:
Link to Post If you have questions regarding this blog or anything else concerning integrating OneSpan Sign into your application, visit the Developer Community Forums: developer.esignlive.com. That's it from me. Thank you for reading! If you found this post helpful, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.