Recorded on: November 15, 2018
- Michele Thomas, Chief Information Security Officer of the US Department of Transportation/NHTSA
- Joseph McKairnes, Principal Sales Engineer, OneSpan
Government agencies are modernizing the way business is conducted with internal stakeholders, partners and citizens. From going paperless to High Citizen experience, the move to Digital Government is becoming an everyday practice among employees, military personnel and more so with those who are tasked with completing work away from the office. This creates a need to easily complete processes on-the-go using tablets and other mobile devices, as well as ensuring that these transactions are secure. As a result, authentication – Knowing who the person is, plays a crucial role in these e-processes and helps ensure security, reliability, and enforceability.
In this 60-minute webcast, OneSpan is joined by Michele Thomas, Chief Information Security Officer of the US Department of Transportation/NHTSA, in a Fire-Side chat around the authentication that exists today in the Federal Government, as well as where technology may be heading.
- What is authentication and Identity Management
- The legal and Government requirements and considerations related to authenticating e-signers
- What are the standards in place today, such as Issued ID cards (CAC/PIV) and why do they matter?
- Where is the industry headed – Login.gov