eSignLive to speak at the 2006 Air Force Information Technology Conference (AFITC)
Montreal, QC, August 17, 2006 — Silanis Technology today announced that it will present the topic “Secure Electronic Signatures – Bridging the Gap in Air Force Automation” at the this year’s Air Force Information Technology Conference which is scheduled to take place on August 15-17, 2006 at Montgomery, Alabama.
Silanis’ engineering product manager for ApproveIt Desktop, Louis Guimond, will discuss why public key-enabled, electronic signatures are needed to maximize process efficiency within the Air Force, and how organizations, such as the US Army, USAF Reserve Recruiting Command and Tinker Air Force Base, are using electronic signatures to:
- Improve responsiveness by streamlining processes
- Increase visibility into processes
- Eliminate document shipping & storage
- Eliminate document-in-transit delays
- Leverage security infrastructure
- Reduce errors caused by manual QA & re-keying
Case studies will be used to demonstrate how electronic signatures can fit into a wide variety of USAF processes, and Mr. Guimond will answer the most frequently asked questions surrounding electronic signatures including:
- How do electronic signatures integrate with PKI?
- What are the minimum infrastructure requirements for a successful e-signature deployment?
- How can you ensure the security of a signature?
Founded in 1992, Silanis Technology Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of electronic signature solutions. More than 1,100 government and commercial organizations, representing two million users, depend on Silanis' solutions to accelerate operations, improve service, and reduce costs. The company’s solutions not only eliminate the inefficiencies of paper, they provide reliable and auditable business records needed to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, standards, regulations and policies. www.silanis.com.