Grow your career and make an impact by joining one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada. You too can help battle the paperwork nightmare that plagues so many businesses today, and help save the environment. Our contributors are team players, revolutionizing the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
At OneSpan, you will be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what is possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters
The Project Manager will contribute and support cross-functional projects from initiation through delivery. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of multiple projects to completion while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment, balancing competing interests and timelines. As the R&D Project Manager you will utilize your technical background and expertise to gather data from end-users to evaluate objectives, goals and scope to create technical specifications to support R&D initiatives. You will be fully involved in a variety of initiatives and projects, extracting, manipulating and organizing data to facilitate reporting and ensure the teams are supported in meeting their objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with cross discipline teams to ensure all parties are on track with internal initiatives, deadlines and schedules to ensure all targets and requirements are met.
- Create reports in excel and build, implement, manage and support dashboards, mainly in Jira by extracting and manipulating data from various R&D tools.
- Meet with project teams to collaboratively identify and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Uses technical judgement to drive project delivery, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals and objectives.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks; advise management of risks and delays as they arise.
- Manage relationships and expectations between departments and of external stakeholders
- Collaborate with functional teams to ensure a smooth handover of project deliverables.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to project team members and their managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent technical experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered a strong asset
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience in Project Management
- Solid understanding of metrics and KPIs associated with R&D processes and projects
- Expertise in Jira Query Language (JQL)
- Expertise in building and maintaining dashboards in Confluence
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to understand and manipulate data to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Fully bilingual (French and English); excellent communication skills
- Exceptionally well organized, pragmatic, and transparent.
- Very hands-on, involved mindset.
- Analytical and skilled problem solver, leveraging available resources.
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing tasks, identifying new problems and being ahead of the solution.
- Experienced working with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams; Collaborative team player; skilled with negotiation, influencing change and conflict resolution.
- Able to work under strict deadlines and thrive under pressure.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.