The Global Sales Compensation Analyst is a key position on the Global Sales Ops team, responsible for incentive commission processing, reporting and case management functions. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. This role will be fully engaged in the support of our sales teams and is an outstanding opportunity to collaborate extensively with the global Sales and Services organizations and partner cross-functionally with our Operations, Human Resources, and Finance teams. The Global Sales Operations team is the global leader for sales commission polices and processes for our direct and indirect sales teams, including the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
- Manage the monthly commission process for our sales teams and other commissionable employees in Anaplan. This includes understanding and applying the commission plan consistently, ensuring commissions calculations comply with the plan and managing exception requests versus policy.
- Provide expertise, support and training to the international teams on these plans.
- Support senior sales leadership through the entire sales compensation including but not limited to quota setting, compensation setting
- Resolve case inquiries and be a trusted advisor to our sales team. Frequent communication with business development reps, account management reps, and sales management via commission cases.
- Process corrections and adjustments as they arise.
- Provide recommendations to sales leadership and the internal Payroll/HR team regarding exceptions requests and case escalations.
- Serve as the trusted partner for all upstream and downstream business functions. Provide backup support within the team for the following areas: comp metrics and reporting, accounting schedules, SOX support, Commission checklists and commission administration.
- Document business processes and create desktop procedures for monthly/quarterly close, commission accounting tasks, and audits.
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
- 3+ years of experience, ideally in sales commissions/compensation or other related fields.
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university – strongly preferred, but not strictly required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- BI experience such as Tableau or Power BI, Workday, Anaplan and Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Experience in automated sales commissions systems and their set-up and operation is a plus.
- Experience in administering sales commissions.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task while managing deadlines, to perform well under pressure and to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, hyper-growth environment is a plus.
- Strong business acumen and awareness of business trends.
- High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity.
- Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law.
- The ability to work with people from various countries and cultures from our global sales organization