QA Global ManagerMontreal
OneSpan is looking for a QA Global Manager to oversee our Global QA team for OneSpan. The person in this role will be able to not only maintain current QA team processes for the OneSpan team, but will also be able to improve upon these processes where needed.
You must be passionately curious, as well as passionate about technology, quality, customer satisfaction, process improvement, and people development while remaining up-to-date with modern technologies. This role requires a self-motivated professional with hands-on functional QA testing experience as well as proven management experience.
As the QA Global Manager, you will lead a team of and dynamic and diverse leaders automation engineers, testers and QA leads who will help identify use cases and create test plans, define test strategies and create test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests. You will coach mentor and grow the QA engineers and leads.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Oversee all the QA activities for OneSpan which involves defining overall QA strategy (processes, tool selection) but mostly to improve Customer Experience through improved Product Quality
- Improve Effectiveness and Productivity of Product Development Cycle
- Define and track metrics: Bugs (QA, Customer), Reopen rates, MTTF, Resolution speed, Acceptance criteria, No/No-Go criteria, Performance metrics, Vulnerabilities, Code coverage
- The role includes managing (senior) manager level from multiple geographies in Europe and NA and multiple LoBs.
- Identifying and driving Global vision and goals for the global QA team.
- Developing and executing on a long-term plan for growing and maturing the current team to support growth and flexibility within the organization
- Working closely with QA Leadership on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple leads and stakeholders about features, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinating with other managers in the organization to share solutions wherever possible
- Helping implement key KPI indicators to measure team effectiveness to help drive process changes
- Helping drive, contribute and implement process for automation initiatives across all aspects of testing
- 10 + years in a QA Manager position
- Solid technical or engineering background in software development
- Experience leading a large technical QA team, and successfully growing team's capability level
- Compassionate leader who’s passionate about coaching and developing teams
- Experience testing tools, SDKs or extensible products, and live product(s) with a frequent release cycle
- Demonstrated leadership with automation strategy and implementation.
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.