FundSERV Selects eSignLive™ by eSignLive to Create End-to-End Paperless Processing with E-Signatures for the Canadian Fund Industry
– FundSERV, a leading provider of electronic business services for the Canadian investment fund industry, and e-SignLive™ by Silanis, the leading e-signature solution nearing 1 billion documents processed, today announced a partnership that integrates e-SignLive into FundSERV’s eDOCS solution for end-to-end digital processing of all investment fund related documents required in the investment fund process. FundSERV caters primarily to the Canadian investment fund industry and facilitates electronic settlement and transaction forwarding for buys, sells and transfer of funds for the Canadian market place. On an annual basis, FundSERV’s network receives over 35 million investment fund transactions and settlements in excess of $100 billion. Through FundSERV’s new eDOCS service, fund manufacturers, distributors and intermediaries including wealth management companies and financial advisors, will have the ability to on-board new clients electronically and, using e-SignLive, have customers electronically sign the account opening and trade related documents. The solution is fully configurable and incorporates both dealer and fund company applications and system integration. FundSERV eDOCS enables users to manage and store documents in a digital environment supporting a firm’s business process workflows. eDOCS leverages FundSERV’s existing infrastructure and robust security protocols to deliver the investment industry’s only true end-to-end Software as a Service (SaaS) electronic document management solution. Key benefits of this joint solution:
- Reduces not-in-good-order documentation: Customized edits on both the dealer and fund company forms via the eDOCS solution reduces the risk of human errors and facilitates the compliance process;
- Saves operational costs for fund manufacturers, distributors and intermediaries: Organizations and advisors will send less mail and fewer faxes, reducing the need for manual data entry and quality control while also reducing scanning and indexing volumes;
- Reduces administrative burden for advisors: Enables easy preparation, sharing of information and follow up with a customer. No more missing signatures or incomplete forms with forms management;
- Provides digital forms and applications: The audit trail is embedded into the document for easy storage, especially for the recipient, be it a mutual fund or advisor, plus the solution is easily integrated with other systems for straight through processing of documents.
An advisor meets with their client for an account opening or a transaction request either in-person or over the phone and captures the information electronically using a PC, laptop or tablet. Workflow rules within eDOCS ensure that a trade or application cannot be completed with a client signature should any information be missing. Customers are asked to hand-sign via tablet or using their own device with e-SignLive’s Mobile Signature Capture, or click-to-sign if they prefer, either directly onto the document in person or via email if the transaction is taking place remotely. The result is a modern, convenient, paperless experience that meets compliance requirements for both the advisor and the client. “FundSERV is proud to serve the investment industry by enabling a digital account opening process with e-SignLive,” said Mark Hubbard, CIO FundSERV. “We selected e-SignLive to help with this goal for several reasons, including its depth of experience in financial services, proven ability to integrate into a wide range of systems and processes, its strong legal protection around audits and compliance, the solution’s flexibility and its ability to deliver on Canadian data residency.” “FundSERV and e-SignLive are leading the standard in digital business for the investment industry in Canada,” said e-SignLive by Silanis CEO, Tommy Petrogiannis. “Our core mission of making digital personal and catering to the best customer experience ever resonates within this industry because of its focus on delivering value for customers.” About FundSERV FundSERV Inc. is a leading provider of electronic business services for the Canadian investment industry. FundSERV’s network connects investment product manufacturers with distributors, facilitating order processing and settlement. These customers benefit from the ability to accurately place, reconcile and net settle orders quickly and securely. In addition to its network and workflow applications, FundSERV leads and facilitates industry committees and working groups that promote automation initiatives and establish the industry’s electronic standards. As a service provider, facilitator and leader, FundSERV’s mission remains the same: reduce time, cost and risk while improving the ease of doing business for the industry. Established in 1993, FundSERV is a private corporation that operates on a cost-recovery business model. About e-SignLive™ by Silanis Businesses of all sizes choose e-SignLive™ by Silanis when electronic signatures matter. Nearing one billion documents processed each year, e-SignLive™ is the most widely used e-signature solution in the world and ranked a leader by analyst firms Forrester Research and G2 Crowd. Organizations of all sizes, including top banks, insurers, credit providers, pharmaceutical and government agencies, trust e-SignLive to run their core business processes and take their businesses digital through innovations in mobile technology, electronic evidence, analytics and personalization. On premises or in the cloud, e-SignLive delivers the best customer experience while providing the strongest legal protection and regulatory compliance. Learn more at www.silanis.com.
-30-For media inquiries:
Sarah Milner e-SignLive™ by Silanis 250-216-1762 [email protected]