OneSpan is looking for a Business Analyst focused on Fraud to join our team in Europe. The Fraud Consultant will be working with top financial organizations globally to assist them with increasing their security tools, process and knowledge to defend against financial cyber-attacks.
As Business Analyst you assist with the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments. You identify problems and opportunities within a company and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business' goals to reduce fraud and improve user experience. You will use your judgement during projects from analysis and design through to implementation to determine how OneSpan solutions can address the needs and risks represented.
You will gain valuable experience working within a consulting team implementing intelligent authentication and fraud solutions. You will work hand in hand with the Financial Cybercrime Team to understand how the data can influence the capability of attack prevention and become an expert on financial cybercrime attacks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain to prospects a successful implementation of OneSpan solutions
- Explain to prospects previous implemented solution use cases and benefits
- Judgement of solution fit based on capabilities and needs of customer / regulator
- Mapping of data fields and events to solution
- Identify and document functional flows of users
- Identify and document decision points of OneSpan solutions
- Identify and document high level business and fraud requirements / gaps
- Identify and design business related workflows, rules, logic, reports
- Identify and track business requirements versus OneSpan solutions
- Serve as an SME for Risk Analytics and Intelligent Adaptive Authentication
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing functional, business qualification criteria / acceptance and product SME support
- Work with Financial Cybercrime Experts to understand risks the customer faces and mitigating controls
- Reporting to Various Stakeholders
- You are able to analyze both business and functional requirements, interpret and communicate accurately to various audiences.
- You have several years of professional experience as a Business Analyst in the financial services industry.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- You work independently and in a team.
- Concisely describe business/functional requirements working with research and development teams to improve the solution.
- You are fluent in English (oral and written). Knowledge of other languages (such as French and German) is an asset
- You are willing to travel (up to 50% international travel)
- Required functional knowledge/experience:
- Hands on experience with fraud solution or SOC deployments
- Experience with Retail/Corporate/Mobile Banking
- Basic knowledge on API’s and integration of server-side analytics solutions
- Degree in Business Studies/Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge on financial cybercrime attacks and preventative measures
- Knowledge on statistical approach to remove data bias
- Knowledge on data science approach to unbalanced classes
- Knowledge of online transaction flow design (retail banking, corporate banking, mobile banking, authentication)