The VP Chief Enterprise Architect is responsible for the architectural design of all OneSpan’s mobile, cloud, and on-premises software products ensuring that they use appropriate modern technologies, that they are designed with consistent frameworks to be scalable, robust and interoperable, and that they comply with OneSpan’s continuous integration/continuous deployment requirements.
- Drive all aspects of our secure SaaS architecture, both functional and non-functional “ilities”
- Define and implement secure SaaS design principles, coding standards, reviews, and best practices for an agile development environment.
- Lead a team of application, data, security, and infrastructure architects charged with defining and maintaining standards and design and implementation patterns that drive enterprise technology, aligned with technology strategy.
- Collaborate with senior leadership across the company to align to strategic imperatives and technology strategy.
- Responsible for leading due diligence associated with major initiatives, upgrades, and re-platforming.
- Responsible for building a world-class cloud infrastructure solution that will be scalable and expandable.
- Lead major initiatives like standardization of CI/CD pipeline, refactoring to reduce technical debt, architecture enhancements and develop process efficiencies
- 15 years of practice in managing and/or designing enterprise-wide architecture.
- Very profound practical expertise in managing operations-focused IT team in a large organization.
- Many years of experience in managing, mentoring, motivating, and growing a mature and goal-driven delivery team.
- Familiarity with acquisitions; both technical due diligence and integration of technologies.
- Proven experience in architecting and delivering reliable, available, scalable, secure, high-end SaaS solutions for processing large transaction volumes.
- Established expertise in cloud technologies and practices, building applications using a variety of cloud native services across both AWS and Azure. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Architecture and/or Innovation management experience in a modern, secure, and highly integrated cloud-based solutions environment.
- Experience with Agile best practices such as Containerization methodologies and strategies around Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment including associated tools such as, but not limited to, Jenkins, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Breadth and depth of experience in both current and legacy technologies in areas like Application Platforms (e.g. Cloud platform vs. Legacy Platform models), CI/CD tooling and practices, Integration patterns, or Master Data Management
- Excellent understanding of secure cloud architectures for high-end SaaS solutions.
- Ability to facilitate the development and implementation of strategic leadership and management capabilities within his/her team to develop, coach, and manage the performance of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal, negotiating, and influencing skills with a demonstrable ability to engage senior management and engage at all levels of the organization.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the culture. Combine facilitation skills with a result orientation to deliver excellence and execution.