The Financial System Business Analyst is responsible for the implementation of business processes in the core business applications (including Workday Financials, Concur and other integrated tools) and the application maintenance of the core accounting system.
She/he understands business processes, captures them in process and data models using common modelling techniques and makes proposals to re-design the existing processes to bring process improvements.
The business analyst configures business processes, maintains security and develops automatic scripts to migrate data.
- Understand, describe and automate business processes and suggest ways to improve current processes by appropriate automation.
- Create ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ process models using common modelling techniques
- Configure the core financial system Workday Financials to automate business processes
- Create operational reports
- Write scripts to migrate data
- Maintain business applications, including setting up user groups, permission structures, maintain access, maintain master data. This includes providing user and access reports for compliance purposes (e.g. SOX compliance) and writing control views to enforce proper system maintenance and usage.
- Write detailed functional specifications for additional functionality and interfaces, which require development activity from internal or external developers.
- Perform and document test scenarios and provide evidence on proper system testing before program or configuration changes are ready for testing by the users and released for production.
- Leads prioritization sessions with business to define upcoming sprints and acts as product owner by proxy for Workday Financials working closely with the global and regional controllers
- Responsible for (communication of) operational schedule(s) of maintenance activity on the business applications.
- Ensure compliance with enterprise architecture principles, guidelines and standards.
- Bachelor Degree or comparable higher education (technical college, …)
- 4 years or more of relevant work experience within business process engineering.
- Experience with system configuration, integration, data imports/exports, reporting
- Good understanding of standard financial processes and accounting practices
- Creative in designing ‘to be’ processes with appropriate automation.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with business users on different levels and make technical solutions understandable in business terms.
- Capable to translate business needs into concrete technical solutions.
- Capable to create and present business cases for potential solutions.
- Excellent writing skills, capable to write job instructions, system documentation, change requirements, test scenarios and results for different target groups (IT colleagues, business users, auditors).
- Confident in English (both spoken and written).
- Good knowledge of Agile working methods (i.e. SCRUM)
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Flexible, responsible, accurate, reliable, independent.