As EU Head of Product Owners you will set the vision of building products in tandem with other stakeholders, ensuring that business goals and end user demands are met. You will be responsible for conveying that vision to European PO teams and help them understand, prioritize and define the products’ needs as they work with Agile development teams.
The Head PO leads a team of Product Owners in product development efforts and collaborates closely with Product Management, UX, BI, Marketing and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with product strategy, vision, and the customer. The candidate must demonstrate their understanding of the contribution provided by these stakeholders to a successful product, so that inter-team processes may be improved to increase that value.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and standardize the work processes of Product Owners to improve their effectiveness and productivity
- Collaborate and communicate closely with directors of Development, Documentation, UX, Scrum, and Product Management in developing inter-team processes, work products, etc.
- The role includes managing different seniority levels of POs from multiple geographies in Europe and multiple lines of business.
- Developing and executing on a long-term plan for growing and maturing the current team to support growth and flexibility within the organization
- Working closely with leadership on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Coordinating with other managers in the organization to share solutions wherever possible
- Helping implement key KPI indicators to measure team effectiveness to help drive process change
- Work with Product Management to prioritize business value.
- Motivate the team to execute the product vision
- Participate in the decision to ship the product
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner in different software environments with Agile/Scrum methodology
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Strong analytical, UX and documentation skills
- Strong in verbal and written communication skills in English, French plus
- Good technical background to engage with the Scrum and development teams
- Certified Product Owner (CSPO, PSPO I)
- Experience as a software Product Owner
- Previous experience converting waterfall work environments to agile environments is a plus
- You’re highly organized and proud of it!
- You live by the philosophy that great product development is a team sport and requires flexibility and relationship building
- You find a way to work well with all stakeholders and team members.
- Stakeholders are confident and trusting in your expertise and ability to communicate requirements to the team and shepherd the desired
feature to completion
- You like over communication
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, context-switch and handling a high volume of work and pressure
- You listen well, are open-minded and respect other opinions, but you are decisive and confident
- You are able to tailor your message about the product to a different audience at any given time
- You are able to empathize with real consumer/customer needs and turn that empathy that delivers business value