Lead Product OwnerMontréal, Canada
Lead Product Owner
Who are we?
Grow your career and have an impact by joining one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada. At OneSpan, we protect the world from digital fraud and help people secure their financial lives. We specialize in digital identity and anti-fraud solutions that create exceptional and secure digital experiences.
Our OneSpanSign solution is the most widely used e-signature solution. More than half of the world’s top 100 financial institutions and thousands of other businesses use our solution on a daily basis to deliver secure digital journeys and achieve their goals. Join our OneSpanSign team and contribute to revolutionize the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
What are we looking for?
As a Lead Product Owner (PO), you are responsible for overseeing the actual development of the product in alignment with the vision and strategy defined by Product Management. You are strategically executing the product roadmap to deliver innovation and a best in-class customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Execute and maintain the product roadmap. Product Management define the vision, the strategy and the initiatives to be prioritized in the team backlog, you define how to deliver these new features and functionalities to best satisfy the customer needs.
- Oversee a team of Product owners and coordinate product owners’ work to ensure alignment with the overall strategy and roadmap.
- While the Product owners run their team autonomously, you will assist them with the definition of Epics, MVPs and remove potential blockers. Join some of their team’s events, such as release planning sessions, sprint reviews and retrospective.
- Coach the Product Owners on best practices. E.g. Agile framework and initiatives planning.
- Lead the delivery of cross-scrum team initiatives and coordinate cross-teams dependencies.
- Ensure coordination between Agile teams, UX, Architects, Security, customer facing teams and technical writers.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and the “go to” person for any questions related to the product.
- Act as a Product Owner for one scrum team and lead the delivery of your team’s sub-roadmap.
- Foster innovation while minimizing risks: use tools such as prototypes, beta versions and pilots when it comes to new features development.
- Strong understanding of agile Software Development process.
- Passionate about delivering market leading customer experience and enjoy spending time with customers, gathering their feedback and requirements.
- Expert communicator and thrive at stakeholder management.
- Dynamic team player with great influencing and collaboration skills. Contagious energy and positive mindset.
- Strong analytical skills and can make decisions quickly despite context switching or multi-tasking.
- Courage to challenge the status quo and to say ‘No” when required.
- Listen well, open-minded and respect other opinions, but decisive and confident.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner in a software environment with Agile/Scrum development
Competencies that are considered assets
• Certified Product Owner (CSPO, PSPO I)
• Experience as a software Developer