Grow your career and make an impact by joining one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada. You too can help battle the paperwork nightmare that plagues so many businesses today, and help save the environment. Our contributors are team players, revolutionizing the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
At OneSpan, you will be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what is possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures to make our company succeed. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a variety of views, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
In short, what you do here matters!
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack developer who will be part of our Research and Development team actively developing flagship products that comprise the OneSpan platform. Our products are large and complex solutions that will challenge you to expand your knowledge and think outside the box in an agile team setting. The chosen individual will have abundant opportunities to contribute to product evolution, and to acquire new knowledge and skills. If you want your abilities to have a tangible impact, join our team! At OneSpan, we believe that hierarchy has no place in ideation, problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution within an agile team. We build teams of smart, collaborative people with different technical perspectives, strengths, and cultural backgrounds … and then we step back until we are needed.
What You Will Do…
- Work in a high-functioning, autonomous Agile team with no managers or hierarchy.
- Own the end to end coding and delivery of your team’s functionality from inception through to Production.
- Drive the architectural design of all features your team develops in collaboration with your teammates and the Architecture group who are there to support you.
- Help drive the migration of our applications to a unified docker-based microservice architecture and contribute to a state-of-the-art CI/CD pipeline.
- Co-own the test strategy and test automation deliverables (unit/integration/E2E) as part of the definition of done.
- Perform code reviews and contribute actively to the development practice.
- Research and evaluate software (including open source libraries and 3rd party products) for inclusion in the development process.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to internal technical documentation and trainings.
- Deliver and support high quality products on time as a team.
- Delight millions of customers around the world.
- Confront our challenges & setbacks.
- Never stop learning & growing.
- Have fun.
Qualifications and Assets:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in developing scalable, high-performance, enterprise applications
- Expertise with Java and frameworks: JMS, JDBC, JAXB, JAXP, Hibernate, etc.
- Knowledge of tools such as Velocity and Hibernate
- Knowledge of messaging systems
- Ability to work independently and proactively within a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly new technologies