The Senior International Tax Accountant is a key player to support the management of the Company’s US international tax compliance, financial statement reporting, and transfer pricing. This role will also focus on local country statutory filings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- For financial statement reporting, prepare the Company’s computations of US international tax projections on a quarterly and year-end basis. This includes GILTI, Subpart F, actual foreign dividends, foreign tax credit and expense apportionment, FDII and Section 986 computations.
- Prepare information needed to complete the international portions of the US Form 1120, including Forms 5471, 8858, 1118, GILTI and FDII forms.
- Manage and own the intercompany transaction process including calculating intercompany transactions and ensuring the arm’s length nature of the transactions.
- Work with third party service provider on global transfer pricing documentation.
- Compute the income tax provision for foreign entities and work with external advisors on foreign income tax return filings.
- Analyze/ model the impact of planning/ restructuring transactions, transfer pricing initiatives and status of foreign audits to the overall effective tax rate and tax provision, including FIN 48 reserve analysis.
- Drive the statutory audit filing process for certain entities, including coordination with accounting and legal.
- Perform tax research and document tax positions taken for tax reporting purposes and review/update the Company’s process memos.
- Keep up to date on US and non-US tax law changes impacting OneSpan and ensure changes are accurately accounted for in tax reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master of Accounting or Taxation required
- 3+ years of experience working in the US international tax field in either a public accounting or corporate setting
- Experience with Subpart F, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, foreign tax credit calculations, Section 959 and 163(j) and other international reporting rules preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience with OneSource tax software a plus
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent, will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans.