eSignLive, Locke Lord LLP Advise on Evidence Considerations Using E-Signatures for Financial Services
– To help financial services organizations understand how e-signatures can reduce risk while improving customer experience, Silanis, the leader in enterprise electronic signature solutions with more than 600 million documents processed annually, will host a webinar Tuesday, February 19 at 2pm EST. During this webinar, US e-commerce law experts Pat Hatfield, partner, Locke Lord LLP and Greg Casamento, partner, Locke Lord LLP will team up with industry veteran Michael Laurie, vice president, Silanis Technology to discuss the practical evidentiary considerations of electronic records and signatures. The 60-minute webcast will feature:
- A legal, regulatory and case law update;
- The challenges of defending electronic transactions;
- How to present your case with electronic evidence;
- A best practice checklist for electronic signature evidence;
- A demonstration of best practice e-signature audit trails and process evidence.
Corporate legal counsel, compliance and business level managers for financial services organizations will benefit from this event considering that electronic signatures are a strategic technology for organizations looking to reduce risk and improve customer experience. Those attending the event may follow the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #LegalESIGN. While the US Federal ESIGN Act passed in 2000 gave electronic signatures the same legal weight as wet ink signatures, when legal disputes arise involving electronic transactions, the same evidentiary rules and contract principles apply as in the paper world. In the event of a regulatory audit, market conduct exam, settlement conference or court case, producing convincing evidence involves more than presenting an authentic e-signed record. It also requires demonstrating the process used to establish the signer's intent. Recent court cases, which will be covered in this webinar, underscore the importance of a well-designed process, backed by comprehensive evidence of the electronic transaction. About Silanis Silanis is the most widely used e-signature solution in the world, responsible for processing more than 600 million documents annually. Founded in 1992, Silanis’ solutions e-Sign Enterprise and e-SignLive enable thousands of organizations, including four of the top 10 North American banks, eight of the top 15 insurance companies and the entire US Army to accelerate business transactions, improve customer experience and reduce costs while improving compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Silanis provides the most flexible deployment options with its on-premise, cloud and SaaS e-signature solutions, eliminating manual, paper-based processing and enabling e-commerce and e-government transactions to be electronically executed from start to finish.