What is document signing software?
Document signing software is an application that can apply an electronic signature to an electronic document. Other names for document signing software include an electronic signature tool, electronic signature software, electronic signature solution, or an e-sign application.
E-Signature software is used by different organizations like financial institutions, government agencies, insurance providers, and healthcare organizations . Enterprises and small businesses can digitize, automate, and streamline their existing paper-based processes to create a paperless processes for signing documents. E-Signatures do not require paper, printing, faxing, and scanning of important documents. Users can sign digital documents in real time using a standalone signature app or integrate the solution into their primary business processes and applications. E-Signatures eliminate contract errors and oversights, and they provide a higher level of identity assurance compared with their wet ink signature alternatives.
OneSpan Sign (formerly eSignLive) is a leading e-signature solution used around the world to sign contracts and digitize processes. Among vendors like DocuSign, HelloSign, and PandaDoc, OneSpan Sign is recognized in the market as a clear market leader in regulated industries
Is it legal to sign agreements with document signing software platforms?
Yes. There are over 60 countries globally who have passed legislation to legalize and regulate the use of electronic signatures to sign documents. Generally, and with few exceptions, they have the same legal standing and admissibility in court as a hand drawn signature.
Some notable examples of electronic signature legislation include:
- United States: Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN Act)
- United States: Universal Electronic Transactions Act (UETA)
- European Union: eIDAS Regulation
Specifics on the types of e-signatures permitted and other requirements of e-signature software solutions and digital signing will vary from country to country. Review our eSign Legality Guide and learn more about the specific requirements for e-signature tools in your country.
Why use OneSpan Sign electronic signatures?
Whether overhauling your onboarding program or signing PDF documents for a single user, there are many reasons to leverage electronic signatures for your signature processes and approval workflows.
- Superior Customer Experience: E-Signing is as easy as a click-to-sign on a mobile device, tablet, or computer, including Mac iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad as well as Android devices. Alternatively, users can hand draw their signature using their finger or a stylus on a track pad or by uploading an image of their signature.
- Easy to Integrate: With fully supported SDKs and open APIs, OneSpan takes complexity out of integrating OneSpan Sign with your core business applications.
- Enhanced Compliance: OneSpan Sign meets the standards set for simple, advanced, and qualified electronic signatures in countries that have e-signature laws. Furthermore, OneSpan Sign is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018, SOC2 Type II, HIPAA, and FedRAMP.
- Strong Identity Assurance: Utilize a wide range of identity verification and authentication options to ensure your signers are who they claim to be.
- Advanced Security: Digital signature encryption protects your users and electronic documents from fraud.
- Signing Process Efficiency: Leverage reusable templates, bulk send, workflow automation, document management, and document tracking and apply workflow rules to streamline your digital processes and eliminate document errors on signed documents, like missing signatures.
- Connector Ecosystem: Further enhance your signature workflow with pre-built connectors to the applications you use every day, including Salesforce, Pega, Guidewire, Laserfiche and more.
- Easy to Use: Featuring an intuitive user interface and document builder, you can drag and drop signature fields to prepare your electronic document in moments.
Plans & pricing for OneSpan Sign
OneSpan Sign offers two flexible pricing plans designed to meet the needs of your organization:
- Professional Plan: Ideal for organizations that want to start signing immediately, the professional plan gives access to a SaaS version of OneSpan Sign or stand along mobile app where users can send and sign unlimited documents and access the full functionality of OneSpan Sign.
- Enterprise Plan: The Enterprise Plan is for organizations seeking to integrate OneSpan Sign into their core business application. Create a seamless user experience and end-to-end digital processes with your custom branding using OneSpan Sign.