OneSpan is looking for a part-time (25 hours/week) Specialist Support Engineer for its R&D Center in Vienna!
Assisting our international and diverse team in Vienna you will provide 3rd level support for released platform independent software products and solutions. Our development department is using SCRUM to succeed in delivering top level quality to the market. New employees get up to speed quickly thanks to our on-boarding training and mentoring program during their first few months with OneSpan.
We believe in team spirit and collegiality, as it is crucial in achieving our common goals. A pleasant working environment brings out the best in people!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main function is to work on issues found by customers and labeled by first and second level support to be an issue in the software product
- Report issues communicated by first and second level support to proper issue tracking system
- Analyze reported issues and provide workaround, if possible.
- If a software fix (patch or fix in the next revision) is needed, analyze affected module and provide developers with appropriate level of information, analysis and demonstration
- Successful verification of resolved support cases
- Document solution and communicate within the relevant OneSpan departments
- Create and share product environments to reproduce, analyze and debug customer issues
- Maintenance and documentation of solutions and workarounds in the knowledge base
- Improvement of testing processes by found support case issues
- Active participation in specification and user documentation reviews to find and resolve issue
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in third level support, management of IT environments or software development
- Windows and LINUX system knowledge is required on an IT Administrator level
- Basic database system knowledge is required, database development skills are not needed
- Knowledge of internet communication protocols (especially HTTP), as well as client/server systems (especially web servers) is seen as advantage
- Basic software development skills
- Experience in security software technology would be appreciated
- Communication and analysis skill, team player
- You have strong analytical, problem solving skills, take over responsibility
- You are result oriented, organizationally committed, adaptable, initiative
- You like to learn new things and work in a team
- Fluent in at least English
You feel addressed? Join our team! We are looking forward to getting to know you!
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.