Linux System Engineer – DevOps – Strombeek-Bever (Brussels)BE - Brussels
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
OneSpan (formerly Vasco Data Security) is looking for a Linux System Engineer to enforce its DevOps team in the Brussels’ offices.
As a seasoned Linux System Engineer, you will be actively involved in all of the DevOps related tasks around our TID (“Trusted Identity”) platform, a cloud-based solution hosted in AWS, and other OneSpan software solutions.
The objective is to obtain a secure, high performance and fault redundant service infrastructure on a global scale.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Play an active role in structuring the growing DevOps team and operations.
- Close collaboration with the Development team, in order to improve the CI/CD processes.
- Develop, test and optimize automated deployment scripts in Ansible.
- Supervise the automatic addition, upgrade, migrate or decommission service resources in the infrastructure.
- Follow up of technical alerts, warnings and errors, solve them and take preventive measures for the future.
- Investigate and take proper actions on security alerts.
- Optimize our set of controls for backup, disaster / recovery planning / (logical) access control.
- Be part of the 24/7 Emergency squad team.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Several years of experience as a System Engineer in a (large) Linux environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Linux Debian, Xen, CentOs.
- Networking: TCP/IP and most common protocols: Routing, DHCP, SMTP, DNS, … .
- Applications: Apache, Redis, Postgresql, ... .
- Technologies: Load-Balancing, High Availability, CDN, NGINX, FREEIPA, … .
- Windows Server and IIS Manager.
- Security: Firewalls, (Reverse) Proxies, Certificates, Pulp ... .
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Basic development and scripting skills (Ansible).
- Databases: Oracle, … .
- “Accuracy”, “efficiency” and “quality-minded” are key competences for this position.
- You are able to work well under pressure and within time-critical guidelines.
- You are a team player who takes initiative and responsibility.
- Fluency in English. Any other language is an asset.
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative.
- Flexibility and independence in decision-making.
- Ongoing possibilities for career growth and advancement.
- Daily exposure to new and innovative ideas and motivated people.
- Programs for professional improvement through in-house and outside training and education.
- An opportunity to help build the critical and ever-growing security infrastructure for the new Internet economy.
- An international work environment with exposure to successful business cultures and practices from the US, Europe, and Asia/Pacific.
- An overall attractive salary package and other benefits.