QA Technical LeadMontréal, Canada
OneSpan is looking for a full-time QA Technical Lead to join our Montreal team. As a key member of our Research and Development team you will be responsible for managing the quality initiatives for a high performance and extremely scalable SaaS application.
This role requires a people oriented person, who loves analyzing and driving testing efforts, making and keeping commitments in a high-caliber team environment.
- Establish an agile quality process: that promotes adherence to best practices, strengthens the product development process, and accelerates delivery of quality product to OneSpan customers.
- Implement and execute quality strategies: and define quality goals for all OneSpan software projects including solution conformance testing, performance and security, and defect FVT targets.
- Understand and think critically about project requirements: and ask probing questions that ensure QA understands intended behaviours of project features and uses this information to contextualize acceptance criteria, document test cases, and estimate and plan QA efforts.
- Provide leadership in the creation of repeatable test cases: ensure a maximum degree of feature coverage and are consistent with how our customers use OneSpan products (persona driven).
- Safeguard product quality and the handling of defects: by minimizing field reported defects through early detection and reporting of non-conforming product. Gather all technical details and diagnostics that expedite development’s ability to reproduce, diagnose, and resolve defects.
- Improve the business: identify and implement business improvement initiatives (i.e., policies, tools, and product improvements) that result in efficiencies or strengthen OneSpan solutions.
- Coach for results and leadership: assist your manager in the oversight and execution of day-to-day operations and act as primary liaison for QA. Provide your colleagues with leadership, support, and expertise that contributes to the timely and effective execution of quality tasks.
- 5 years of related work experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills. Previous people management experience an asset.
- Experience with Core Java, J2EE, GUI testing and data validation
- Working knowledge of test automation frameworks (JMeter, Selenium, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Capable of resolving complex problems with creative solutions that benefit all parties.
- Experience working with Agile and iterative development methodologies, such as SCRUM.
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or information technology.