NW_20090110_en_VASCO Revamps its aXs GUARD Authentication Appliance Offering
VASCO Revamps its aXs GUARD Authentication Appliance Offering
With launch of aXs GUARD Identifier and Upgrade of aXs GUARD Gatekeeper
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill., and ZURICH, Switzerland, 10th December 2008 - VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (Nasdaq: VDSI) (www.vasco.com ), a leading software security company specializing in authentication products, announces that it has revamped its aXs GUARD® offering with the launch of aXs GUARD Identifier and the upgrade of aXs GUARD Gatekeeper. VASCO’s aXs GUARD product line consists of authentication and Internet security appliances which are built upon VASCO’s VACMAN core technology. aXs GUARD offers authentication for remote access to corporate networks or to web-based in-house applications.
VASCO will market aXs GUARD Identifier and aXs GUARD Gatekeeper through its global network of certified partners.
aXs GUARD Identifier
aXs GUARD Identifier is a stand-alone authentication appliance for medium and large enterprises that want to improve the secure access to corporate networks for remote users or home workers. It also offers a solution for the secure access to specific online applications such as Citrix, webmail, SaaS, …
Medium and large enterprises sometimes prefer not to share servers for too many crucial applications and therefore they opt for a separate appliance. With aXs GUARD Identifier VASCO is addressing this demand and offers authentication on a standardized 19” rack, which can easily be integrated into an existing IT-infrastructure.
Users are assigned a Digipass which will generate a dynamic One-Time Password (OTP) to prove the identity of the remote user. VPN servers with a Radius client will connect to the aXs Identifier to verify the OTP provided by the user. aXs GUARD Identifier is suited for complex environments, and it can deal with multiple VPN servers, different networks and load balancing, …
aXs GUARD Identifier is available in 2 performance models AG 3512 and AG 5522. Both models are equipped with reporting and auditing functionalities, allowing the monitoring of the access to the corporate network infrastructure. The product will be available as of February 2009.
aXs GUARD Gatekeeper
aXs GUARD Gatekeeper is an authentication appliance which is suited for SMEs. Compared to aXs GUARD Identifier and its two-factor authentication functionality, this solution also provides a number of optional modules providing a total security solution for network connectivity. SME’s are typically looking for budget friendly total security solution. aXs GUARD Gatekeeper provides an answer to the specific need of the SME by adding additional security functionality to the authentication appliance.
The basic module of aXs GUARD Gatekeeper offers two-factor user authentication for any Radius client. Additional modules are:
• Authentication: enables companies to attribute e-mail, Internet surfing and VPN access rights to users and groups instead of attributing the rights to computers or networks. Application firewall: protecting web servers against Internet hacking by adding an extra strong authentication layer to Outlook Web Access and Citrix.
• Firewall with DMZ and Intrusion Prevention: ensuring confidentiality of information.
• Content scanning with anti-spam and anti-virus: allows companies to deploy policies including who has the right to surf when and where. In doing so, aXs GUARD Gatekeeper responds to specific needs and differences between departments and users when it comes down to surfing behaviour. This module comprises logging, reporting and monitoring capability. Furthermore the filter controls eliminate unsolicited e-mail, such as spam and quarantines potentially dangerous and damaging attachments.
• Trend Micro anti-virus and anti-spyware protection: checks the network for viruses, spyware and phishing attempts every 15 minutes using the most recent virus tables from Trend Micro.
• Remote connection and SSL-VPN: VPNs connect distributed corporate locations and mobile workers. SSL-VPN allows users to securely connect from any computer to applications using the web browser.
• Mail server (not available on AG 5526): allows companies who do not have their own mail server to quickly set up a mail server with webmail capability.
aXs GUARD Gatekeeper is available in 3 models: AG 3504, AG 5506 and AG 5526. These three hardware models allow companies to choose the solution which is best adapted in terms of performance to their needs. The performance VASCO will advise is calculated upon the number of users and the number of modules operational. Working with a performance category provides customers with additional flexibility in terms of scalability, for instance when adding additional users or modules. As a result, requests for additional performance do not necessarily result into system swaps thus guaranteeing no data loss or reconfiguration.
“With the expansion of our aXs GUARD offering we meet the need of large enterprises for a separate authentication appliance and the need of small and mid-sized companies for a total solution,” says Jan Valcke, President and COO of VASCO Data Security.
For more information and high resolution images visit: www.vasco.com
VASCO is a leading supplier of strong authentication and e-signature solutions and services specializing in Internet Security applications and transactions. VASCO has positioned itself as global software company for Internet Security serving a customer base of approximately 8,000 companies in more than 100 countries, including more than 1,200 international financial institutions. VASCO’s prime markets are the financial sector, enterprise security, e-commerce and e-government.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” and similar words, is forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Consequently, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements.
Reference is made to the Company's public filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission for further information regarding the Company and its operations.
This document may contain trademarks of VASCO Data Security International, Inc. and its subsidiaries, which include VASCO, the VASCO “V” design, DIGIPASS, VACMAN, aXs GUARD and IDENTIKEY
For more information contact:
Jochem Binst, +32 2 609 97 00, [email protected]