QA DeveloperMontréal, Canada
Who are we?
Grow your career and have an impact by joining one of the fastest growing IT companies in Canada. You too can help battle the paperwork nightmare that plagues so many businesses today, and help save the environment. As the most widely used e-signature solution, OneSpan delivers enterprise-class electronic signature capabilities to organizations both big and small. Our contributors are team players, revolutionizing the electronic signature market through cutting-edge innovation.
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time QA Developer to join our Montreal team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing software test strategies, test procedures, test cases and test scripts for a variety of client/server systems. You will have the opportunity to work on a number of features developed in an agile environment.
This role requires a people oriented person, who loves analyzing and driving testing efforts, making and keeping commitments in a high-caliber team environment. As a QA Developer, you will ensure that defects are identified and addressed prior to releasing the user stories as well as help in approving the product for releases.
If you are passionate about software quality and if identifying a failure point makes you smile, we’re looking for you!
You possess good analytical capabilities to evaluate test results. You have the go-getter and get it done attitude collaborating with team members to deliver high-quality software/product.
- Work closely with the software development team to maintain high level of product quality
- Actively participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans and test cases – manual and automated
- Provide timely validation of new features and functionality by using a combination of scripted and exploratory testing techniques
- Ensure visibility on the testing status throughout the entire development process
- Collaborate with software developers to identify, document and resolve product defects, providing work-around solutions when necessary
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the internal software development processes, test methodologies, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Software Quality Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Ability to recommend several different approaches to solving any assigned testing activities including the use of different combinations of testing tools and techniques
- In-depth experience with testing complex database systems
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Java or C#
- 2+ years of experience with test automation tools like Selenium and JMeter
- Exposure with REST API testing with one or more tools (i.e. Postman, SoapUI, JMeter)
- Track record of showing excellent judgement in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Great attitude and work ethics
- Clear verbal & written communication skills in English (terse, clear and complete)
- Good technical writing skills and ability to describe clearly complex processes and tasks
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting
- Experience installing and configuring services on Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of BASH or another scripting language
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices