Recorded on: December 2, 2020
- John Meyer, Senior Director, Cornerstone Advisors
- Bryn Saunders, Senior Product Marketing Manager
COVID-19 has caused an accelerated shift from branch account opening to digital account opening. But the challenge for many financial institutions is that there is friction in the online account origination process, especially when it comes to identity and authentication. This friction often causes consumers to abandon the account opening process at a traditional financial institution for a digital-first institution with a more seamless experience.
In this webinar, John Meyer, Senior Director at Cornerstone Advisors, and OneSpan discuss how retail banks can eliminate friction in order to drop abandonment rates and increase account funding.
- How financial institutions are experiencing the shift from branch-based to digital account opening
- The impact of current identity verification methods on abandonment and funding rates
- The rise of digital identity verification and its role in account origination
- Best practices for reducing friction in the digital account opening process