Recorded On: April 23, 2015
Getting approvals and signatures on documents is required at every level of government. But as long as business processes are executed on paper, chasing down executives and suppliers prevents decisions from happening in real-time.
Vermont found an innovative solution. The Department of Information and Innovation (DII) manages the delivery of IT products and services to state employees. When DII heard that the same enterprise-grade e-sign technology used by the U.S. Army is available as a cloud service, they knew they could go digital.
In this educational seminar, Contracts & Procurement Specialist Peter Kipp explains how DII used e-signatures to:
- Decrease internal approvals from 4 weeks to days – even on complex contract packages
- Obtain vendor signatures within 2 days
- Eliminate courier fees ($30 per contract package)
- Reduce paper consumption
- Increase transparency and audibility
- Strengthen security and authentication